Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office?

Microsoft works has programs that do exactly the same as Microsoft office. But they're still different programs.



I have Microsoft office 2003, and when I try to open a file from a works to an office and vice versa with its "twin" program it doesn't work. It asked me if I wanted to download a converter, but I couldn't since I chose not to install the updating stuff to save room. I could do it if I wanted to.



But anyway, what I want to know is: Can newer versions of office show files from their 'twin' programs of works? Or do they already come with the converter installed?



Microsoft works seems more useful for personal use, but the thing is that most businesses, colleges, etc use office.



The reason I wanna keep works is because of the Calendar. I liked it. Do you guys know if I could download it separately? or know of a similar program?



thx



Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office?live update



Microsoft is horrible when it comes to supporting file types across multiple programs. Regardless of what they claim, they're horrible with standards.



You might want to look into something like OpenOffice, which is a free open source (like Firefox) office suite that does a lot of what Microsoft Office does.



To answer your question, to the best of my knowledge, if anything Office 2008 has even less backwards and cross compatibility with other Microsoft programs.



Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office?norten



Sorry, but OO is a cheap knock off of MS Office.



And Microsoft isn't the only company that has trouble supporting other standards : Apple, Sony, etc. Report It


Works is cheaper version of office. The problem is the works format isn't compatibly with Office format. I think this still effects newer versions of office.



works is fine if you never use office anywhere else.



Calendar?

No comments:

Post a Comment